There are two types of information we may collect through your use of the Services:
1. “Personal Information,” which is the type of information that specifically identifies you personally and/or can be used alone to contact you online or offline, such as your full name, user name, URL address, physical address, email address, telephone number, photograph, precise geolocation information, and credit card information; and
2. “Non-Personal Information,” which is information that does not identify you and cannot be used to contact you personally, including information about you such as your date of birth, ZIP code, non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your city), and gender, as well as information about your computer and mobile device, such as your unique device ID, Internet Protocol (IP) address, or other persistent identifiers, and their hardware/software/firmware. Non-Personal Information also includes “Usage Data,” which is anonymous data relating to usage of your computer and/or device, such as the actions you take within and outside of the Services, the browser and/or device you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, particular preferences you have chosen, and the URLs you visited and/or apps you used before and after using our Services. Together, Personal Information and Non-Personal Information may collectively be referred to as “Information.”
Personal Information, Non-Personal Information and Other Information That We Collect and How We Collect It
If you open an account with us, fill out your profile, request support, sign up to receive notifications, or in any other way take steps that require the submission of Information, we will collect all information you submit, which may include Personal Information such as your name, email address, phone number and Non-Personal Information such as your date of birth and/or gender.
If you choose to connect to our Services through a third-party social network such as Facebook, we may collect Information from your profile on such third-party social networks, such as your name, username, e-mail address, photograph, gender and date of birth.
If you choose to make posts or utilize any chat or messaging functions, as part of providing the requisite functionality, we will collect any Information you may disclose through such means, including Personal Information (so be careful to only share the Personal Information you are comfortable being made public).
If you participate in any contests, sweepstakes or games, you may be required to undertake a separate registration process requiring the submission of Personal Information such as your name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, telephone number and date of birth. The applicable entry page and/or rules will provide the specific requirements.
If you make any purchases through the Services, in addition to the Personal Information collected as part of the billing process, we, or our third party payment processor, will collect payment information which may include credit card information or information related to third party payment options such as Apple Pay, Pay Pal or Google Wallet.
If you choose to submit your Information to us for any other reason in any other form (e.g., customer service requests, inquiry submissions, etc.), we will collect such Information and use it for the purposes for which you submitted it.
We may access your device’s phonebook or contact list to gather information such as your friends’ contact information in order to facilitate inviting your friends to join our Services but only if you have first given us your express consent.
We will only collect Personal Information if you choose to submit it to us. However, we, or third party analytics services on our behalf, may collect Non-Personal Information such as device IDs, IP addresses and other persistent identifiers, as well as Usage Data, whenever you use our Services. Such Non-Personal Information is not combined with Personal Information unless you choose to submit Personal Information to us.
A special note about cookies: When you use the Services, we may also use “cookies,” “web beacons” or similar tracking technologies, which are tiny files that identify your computer or mobile device that collect and store Usage Data relating to such computer or mobile device. Should you choose to submit Personal Information to us, we may link that Usage Data to your Personal Information. You may be able to disable cookies and other tracking technology through your browser settings and other tools; however, some of our Services will not function properly if you do so and you may lose access to the Services you wish to use.
Use of the Personal Information That We Collect
We will use your Personal Information to:
· Provide you with the services or functionality you have requested, including facilitating posts, messaging and chats, and contact with the members you’ve chosen to follow, effectuating purchases, registering you for a contest, sweepstakes or game, and processing any prizes or awards you’ve won;
· Respond to any inquiries you have made through our customer service features;
Use of the Non-Personal Information That We Collect
Non-Personal Information may be used by us for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, security and other purposes. Specifically, we may use your Non-Personal Information (including Usage Data collected through tracking technologies) to:
· Track your use of our Services to help us learn more about your preferences and tendencies so that we can personalize your experience, provide you with notifications that are tailored to you, and otherwise enhance your experience;
· Determine which features, products and services users enjoy the most so we can enhance and improve our Services;
· Evaluate the success of certain features;
· Send applicable push notifications related to our Services, but only if you have opted in to receiving such notifications (and you may choose to opt out at any time thereafter).
· Protect against crime or fraud, or to address other security concerns;
· Determine your membership tier and the offers, enhancements, and features you are eligible for.
Disclosure of the Information That We Collect
· Because we offer our Services as a means to connect members with other members, your Information, including Personal Information, may be accessed by other members. This means that even if your I AM FILM account is terminated for any reason, your connections may still contact you using your email address that was previously provided to them.
· We will, of course, share any information you choose to communicate to users in public forums in order to facilitate such communication.
· We may also make your name, email address, and/or mailing address available to carefully selected vendors, business partners and other organizations whose products or services we think may interest you. Many of our users find this a valuable and time-saving service. However, if you do not want us to share your personal information with third party organizations, at any time, including prior to or after any disclosure has been made, you may opt out of this sharing, at no cost or expense, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and including “Opt Out of Disclosure” in the subject line. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process your request.
· In order to provide certain aspects of our Services, such as order fulfillment and payment processing, we may be required to share your Information, including Personal Information, with third party service providers with whom we have contracted to assist us in providing such Services. In addition, Non-Personal Information in aggregated, anonymous form may be shared with third parties who assist us with our internal operations such as administration, analytics, research, strategy and optimization. The third parties we contract with for the foregoing purposes (“Service Providers”) will be authorized to use such Information only for the purposes for which the party was engaged; however, please understand that the storage and use of your Information by such Service Providers is not in our control.
· Our Services may offer social sharing features such as “Share” or “Like” on Facebook or other third party social networking sites. If you decide to use such features, it may allow the sharing and collection of Information both to and from such third-party social networks. You should visit the policies of such third parties for more information about their information collection practices.
· We may disclose your Personal Information or other Information collected if required by law or court order, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct, to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Services, or to protect the property or safety of others.
· In connection with any sale or transfer of our company or any line of business (including the assets relating thereto), customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and such customer information (including your Personal Information) will be transferred or sold to the acquirer or transferee.
Members and Other External Sources
In addition, our Services utilize Service Providers or link to external sources beyond our control. By accessing or utilizing any external services, you are agreeing to the privacy policies of those sources.
Please understand that our members, Service Providers and any external sources may have different policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. We have no control over and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such parties. Therefore, you are encouraged to review the privacy policies of all members, Service Providers and external sources. As a condition to your use of the Services, you expressly agree we bear no responsibility, and are not liable in any way, for the acts, omissions or policies of our members, Service Providers or external sources with respect to your Information.
We ask that you keep the Personal Information that you provide to us current and that you correct any information you have provided us by contacting us at email@example.com. You represent and warrant that all Personal Information you provide us is true and correct, including without limitation your real professional name, and relates to you and not to any other person.
If you wish to opt out of further communications or push notifications from us, or if you wish to review, delete and/or revise the Personal Information we have stored about you, please contact us with your specific request at firstname.lastname@example.org; provided, however, that we reserve the right to retain an archive of such Personal Information for a commercially reasonable time to ensure that its deletion does not affect the integrity of our data; and we further reserve the right to retain an anonymous version of such Information.
You may have the ability to decline to permit cookies or other tracking technology, but in that case we cannot promise you that all features will function properly as a result.
If you use the Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for restricting access to your computer or device, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
Children and Minors
Our Services are intended for use by adults only and we do not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from minors under the age of 13. If we collect Personal Information from someone we learn to be under 13 years of age, such Personal Information shall immediately be deleted and the user will not be able to sign up for an account or actively use our Services. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and you believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Services, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CA Removal Request” in the subject line. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
It is entirely your choice whether or not you provide Personal Information to us. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to attempt to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the Personal Information collected through the Services. We take reasonable precautions to protect our users’ Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us or from us, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us by email and you do so at your own risk.
If you believe your Personal Information is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us via email at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under certain circumstances, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 states that, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, a business may be required to provide detailed information regarding how that business has shared that customer’s personal information with third parties for direct marking purposes. California users may request further information about their rights under this law and our policy by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “CA Request for Information,” and requesting further information.
California Do Not Track Disclosures: because we respect your privacy, we will abide by any “do not track” technology that you may choose to utilize, although, as described above with cookies, such technology may negatively affect the functionality of the Services.